Thursday, March 17, 2011

Ugly

I really need to stop going to the Washington Capitals games when they come into Detroit to play. They lost last night 3-2. When I saw them last time, during the 2009-10 season, they also lost to the Red Wings 3-2. Well, at least I got to see Ovechkin score one of his patented through-the-legs-of-the-defender goals. Thankfully this game didn't mean squat to the Capitals. They're first in their division, five points ahead of the second-place Tampa Bay Lighting, and they're still only one point behind the conference lead, which is currently held by the Philadelphia Flyers.

On to really bad news. Around 8 o'clock in the morning today, I get a call from my mom. It's morning and it's my mom calling which means most likely bad news. I almost don't want to pick up. Kermit's Rainbow Connection is becoming the song of bad news now (she loves that song so I use it for her ringtone). One of my grandfathers passed away a few weeks ago, exactly a month after suffering a heart attack. So I get the call this morning saying my other grandfather, who I call Spike, it also now in the hospital after falling out of his bed and suffering some kind of ailment. My mom told me it doesn't look good, how they wanted to airlift him from his home but couldn't because of all the trees. It sounds like bad stuff. Now I'm sitting here waiting to hear Kermit's reaping singing voice to find out how things are. Spike lives in Florida, I'm here in Ohio, so I can't exactly rush down to see him like I was able to with my other grandfather who lived in Maryland.

Perhaps a new idea I'm going to toy with, posting vanity plates I see on the road. These are the ones I saw yesterday, including ones on my trip to and from Detroit.

A Reba fan maybe?
Mickey Mouse I'm assuming
Hockey decal, could be a referee
Really don't care to know your name
Displaced Tennessee Titans fan?
The second car named Amy?
On a Geo Metro

No comments:

Post a Comment